Friday, January 4, 2013

I aint no Suzi-Homemaker

Most SAHMs/homemakers/housewives are probably good at things like cooking, baking, cleaning, hosting parties...things like that. I'm not good at those things. When I try to cook, it usually ends up overcooked, too crunchy, too mushy, or just plain ol' icky. Baking is quite the experience. No matter how hard I try to follow the recipe, it never turns out how it's supposed to. My mom thinks that maybe it has something to do with my stove. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the person making the food (me). See the example to the left. I'm okay at cleaning, but am overall lazy. Dusting is a joke. Vacuuming is a lot of work. I can't stand doing dishes or laundry, but manage to get to it when it needs to be done. Don't even get me started on inviting people over for parties or playdates, because I'm just too paranoid about people judging how cheap my things are and how much work needs to be done on our house. For my friends that do come over, I trust that they just love me for who I am and don't judge me for my lack of money! As for my mommy skills, I do my best. I have a lot of mommy guilt, as most mommies do, and I'm pretty sure most other moms could do a better job than I. However, I love my kids unconditionally and that's what is most important.
                              
                                      

My intent with this blog is twofold: First, I want to document my time as a SAHM, because I know I won't be able to do it for long. These moments with my babies are fleeting and wonderful, yet extremely long and dull at the same time. I cherish these days nonetheless, and want to be able to look back and remember what it was like to be home with my kids. Second, I find it hilarious that someone with such awful homemaking skills is a SAHM. Many of my days are filled with ridiculous moments, and I wonder if others might find humor in my life. I know I do.

Wish me luck in my blogging endeavors. See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. YES, love and care is what your children need. Not dusting or fancy cooking or expensive things.

    So excited that you're blogging here! Can't wait to read more about your days with your babes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Suzi, hideous cookies and all. ;) I get it, so so get it. And I love it. Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete